Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reality Day at the TDF....

I have almost every book written about Lance, I have a signed 2000 team poster, every mountain his has climb these past 8/9 TDFs I have virtually climbed with him.

It hurt to watch today, hurt inside when I was watching him & the boys racing back to the peloton after first crash I thought to myself their using all their energy up and than the 2nd one came and I knew it was over, I knew that Lance would not make it back this time.

Still though as a true Armstrong supporter in the back of my mind I keep thinking maybe there will be one stage victory down the line, maybe the team will come up with some miracle move that will let Lance outfox the rest and he'll be on that podium in Paris or maybe, maybe I will just watch the rest of the tour in silence. Quietly knowing that after all these years of watching him, reading about him, cussing him, cheering him, wearing the yellow bracelet, placing him up in the sky like Superman = after all that, we now know that he really was just a normal guy who just wanted to ride a bike…

It's been fun Lance and thanks for all the great memories, clips, pictures, quotes, etc and thanks especially for encouraging us to...


LIVESTRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment