Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Plan

OK, I rode 5 slowww miles today and didn't feel bad, I was huffing and puffing. My shoes were a little tight, might have to get me some new ones or smaller feet.

Anyway here's my workout plan for the month of June as I have it so far:

Mon, Weds. and Fridays will be rest days from workouts, and also the 7th, 15th, 22th and 29th of June, them being my regular monthly spiritual rest days.

Tues., Thurs., Sat. I have scheduled 1-1/2 hr workouts and on Sun. a 2 hr. workout.
These workouts will be about re-establishing my pulmonary & cardiovascular fitness base. Being 57 years old and having had a long battle with a collapsed lung, chronic pneumonia / Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome and Depression, I am in need of getting my body use to training consistently while building my immune system up again.

This will be accomplished by long easy rides, which will include 3 or 4 - 4 minute LT intervals. Along with these rides I will be doing minor strength exercises too. Over training is one matter I will have to be careful to avoid in the coming months of workouts.

Depending on how I feel, etc. later in the month I will throw in some alternating power intervals and try some VO2 intervals, while increasing the time of my LT intervals also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for other riding plans. I am planning that between June 2nd and Nov. 30th of this year, I want to concentrate on just re-establishing my fitness and health, with maybe one or two local MTB races come Sept./Oct.

For Dec. 2009 - March 2010, keeping shape and health as much as weather will permit and not trying to lose to much base or fitness that I have established from earlier year.

April 2010 - Nov. 2010, train, ride, race different venues (maybe going out to Durango,Colorado and ride with Ned) with all of it leading up to doing the TR3 in August and then the Iceman Cometh in Nov.

Well that's it for now, have a safe week and check back regularly...

Knobby

_________________________________________________________

“I'll give up cycling when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the handlebar.”

I Luv Climbing ___/\/\/\___

3 comments:

  1. What in the world? I made a comment earlier and now it's not on here.

    I know you'll do a great job since you've got such a well laid out plan. That's essentially what I said before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know failure to plan is planning to fail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the "spiritual rest days... can you elaborate?

    ReplyDelete