Saturday, May 30, 2009

Monday, June 1st activies

Since in all actuality this coming Monday although it being June 1st is a off day, but I will be doing other things for 'My MTB Comeback Adventure'

I have a photographer (who is donating their time and camera work) coming to do before pictures of me. I will be up-dating these every 3 mths.

I will also be taking measurements of my neck, waist, thighs, calves, biceps, etc. these will be up-dated every 3 mths also.

I will weight myself and up-date weekly.

I will be setting up kitchen area (actually have started this already) for ease of making my energy drinks and pure fruit smoothies and cooking.

Making sure my weight room & exercise equipment, chart board is set and all ready.

The hardest part of any dream or adventure is getting started. The other hardest part is following through. Anyone can talk about climbing Mt Everest or jabber all day about how they would like to kayak around Greenland or even race in the Transrockies. Most don't realize what it takes to make a dream/adventure come true - sure some wishing, some prayers but besides that the countless hours of planning and re-planning, the training, the money, overcoming health issues, the sponsorships (if any), TIME! and then the mental part of getting yourself psyched up and attaining the motivation and keeping it during the failing parts, the loneliness and the drudge parts ( 2 hrs on rollers). Did I mention TIME!

Most people only see the after effects of things. They will watch Tiger Woods and say how lucky he is to do that or 'Man I wish I could be him or do that' or read about Warren Buffet and say how fortunate he is to be so rich. They do not see the struggles, the failures, the trials and errors. They have no idea of the sacrifices they have made, the steadfast efforts they have put forth or the faith they have exercised, so as to conquer the unconquerable and realize the dream of their hearts.

The idea you toss around in your head, the dream that keeps your heart beating rapidly every time you think about it - this you will construct your life by, this you will become. Not by chance, although a small percentage of some do make it this way, but by effort which builds into results. The measure of these results - success, admiration, honor, power, material possessions, intellectual ownership, etc. are the fruits of those efforts. They are plans completed, goals accomplished, dreams realized...

Have a good day & let's be careful out there

Knobby
_______________________________________________________

I'll give up cycling when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the handlebar.

I Luv Climbing ___/\/\/\___

No comments:

Post a Comment