Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Against The Wind





We've all had to fight against the wind (meaning the hardships that everyday life throws at us) in some form or another. In them times it's always nice to know there is family, friends there for you but some don't have that luxury, some have nothing and/or no one to turn to or they don't know where or how.

So I'm going to jump in and help a few causes. Mainly I'll be writing, speaking, bicycling, walking, fund raising, etc. about: 1. Hunger (being my main topic) 2.Hearing Loss 3.Cancer - All 3 issues at one time or another in past and present have affected me, my family and friends.

I will be posting information, awareness articles, places where you can find help, my bike rides, new advances in research or studies, etc. Basically anything I can find that seems to have some importance I will post. There is a solid base of research that shows some cancers can be avoided by proper nutrition. Beside helping stock food banks I will also be advocating about growing food your self... I will still continue to post my usual other articles on here too about my biking. feelings, etc. etc.

All the fund raising that I will be doing will have an accompanying site and instructions showing where donations can be made. All donations made by you to the organizations I list will be tax deductible.

I will be asking for no monies for myself, although gifts (cash/products/services) to help with some of my expenses will always be appreciated. Please contact me at knobbykabushka@charter.net if you so desire to help in that way.

I already have planned one fund raising ride for this year. I'll be riding from Luna Pier, MI. to New Buffalo, MI. (215 miles) trying to raise awareness & funds for The Food Bank Council of Michigan - At the present time the ride will take place between Sept 16th and Sept 22th, which coincides with this years start of FBCM 20th annual Michigan Harvest Gathering campaign... Not all details are configured yet so please check back to see further updates.

Thank you all and I hope we can join together to help those whose needs are greater than ours...

PS: It may take a while for me to get all this out and online as I also want to try and set up a FaceBook page and such, so please be patient.. In the mean time you can follow what I do through this blog or follow me on Twitter or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment