Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Dream, where it's at now!

My cycling as an adult began on April 13th, 2003 - when cleaning out garage I found my oldest daughters huffy mountain bike. dragged it out, I put a little air in the tires and rode it down the street. Next day I took it to a MTBike trail close by and I went about a mile and a half and almost DIED, virtually. From them 2 little ride my cycling path grew longer & longer until in 2005 I entered a few local MTBike races and faired not to bad.

In 2006 I made a firm commitment to local state MTBike races and ended up in 4th place overall for my age division in Norba Michigan State Championship. Rode a slew of bike tours http://twitpic.com/1gxk9y/full

After that I wanted to move on to bigger and better things, but things happen, illness happens, family matters happen, and slowly from 2007 to 2009 I faded and cycling took a back seat. Then in April of last year - I got all excited about doing cycling again, I had just retired from my regular day to day job and thought at last I can do what I wanted to do. LOL

Little did I know, that the mind can be the key motivator in a persons life, the body may be able and willing but if the mind is not in sinc with the body, then all can be a wash-out. Couple that with outside circumstances and soon you find yourself making excuses for not doing more then making excuses for doing. Which is what happened all last year, ZIP, NATA, NOTHING - One excuse after another, another year wasted, another dream chance shot, another year older, etc., etc.

So you're probably asking , but what is this dream of mine? Well originally it was to race MTBikes and also do a little bit of road time trialing, across the state for a while and then move on to national events. Climb Mt. Mitchell, race in the Trans Rockie race, etc. Now, because of issues in family and I have let myself go so bad health wise, now the dream is changed a little.

The dream has now taken on a little more meaning than just chasing MTB trail after MTB trail. though there is nothing wrong in that, but for me, substance has been added now.

I want to ride, I enjoy riding my bike everywhere, I miss riding, that is one thing that will never go away. Whether I ever race again, who knows, but I know I need to ride somehow, somewhere.

So I am back and yes it's July already, LOL. First I need to get back into shape/form (like lose at least 30 lbs) and then the plan is at least for this year is to do local bike tours here in Michigan and other rides, but I want to ride also to bring awareness and funds to several organizations, that have helped either me, family members or friends.

I know times are tough for alot of people, but I am going to do what I can to help these places and I ask you to join me. If not through funding than positive support for me in doing so or helping spread the word about these great organizations. (please see my list in the side bar)

So that is where things stand at the moment - I am going to try to the best of my ability to accomplish this, this year.

Thank you for reading and maybe with a little encouragement and help we all can help make this a little better place to live in...

PS: I will be posting more information in next few days...

PSS: I have also on the side of blog a feed which keeps tracks of all the riding I do and which you may follow..

No comments:

Post a Comment